Followers

Saturday, January 28, 2012

[088] - Nikki Soppelsa - USA

Om.2012.021 - Nikki Soppelsa - USA - 'I Made This!' - collage - 7.25 x 13.75 inches
Antique/cabinet photo, prepared/found papers, ephemera, beeswax ... on bookboard.

http://NikkiSoppelsa.blogspot.com

Artist's Statement:

In the late 1960s, I made a few collages and can't remember what inspired me to begin. However, I do remember tearing up magazines, crumpling the images, soaking them in tea and scattering them over heated floors to dry. I still have them...they are my foundation. I returned to collage in 2009 and since, am always in the process of doing.

Working with ongoing series which sometimes include my photography, I enjoy combining the art along with often a subtle humor, my own love and collection of ephemera, early photographs, and am intrigued by what can come from the scraps created from my other collages. All of this, its components spanning 100 years, comes together in this piece, 'I Made This!' ... inspired by the centennial.

Nikki Soppelsa
01.2012

No comments:

Post a Comment