Followers

Sunday, January 29, 2012

[095 & 096] Margaret Suchland - USA

 OM.2012.010 - Margaret Suchland - USA - Postcard Collage - 4x6 inches

OM.2012.011 - Margaret Suchland - USA - Postcard Collage - 4x6 inches
http://margaretsuchland.com/

STATEMENT:
I'm attracted to collage because it is truly a universal language.  Collage making is something I can do anywhere and doesn't require costly materials.  Creating a collage can be as simple as tearing up old magazines and pasting together images to say something new. This process allows me to create new realities.  It's magical and it is the randomness, playfulness and the unexpected results found in joining unrelated items that excite me.  Collage goes against predictability. I enjoy the spontaneity and the feeling of complete freedom that it allows me.

No comments:

Post a Comment